Bellam Undrallu is a traditional recipe that is prepared during Vinayaka Chaturithi in Andhra and Telangana states as Prasadam that is offered to Lord Ganesha.
For rice balls:
Rice flour 2 cups
Water 4 cups
Salt a pinch
Ghee 1 tsp
For the jaggery sauce:
Water 4 cups
Jaggery 200 gms
Coconut (grated) 1 ½ cup
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Bellam Undrallu:
For preparing rice balls:
- Put a vessel on the stove add into it water, pinch of salt and rice flour and keep stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- Reduce the flame to low and let it cook for 4 -5 minutes or until it forms a dough consistency.
- Put off the flame and bring down the vessel and allow the contents to cool. It takes about 15 minutes to get semi-cool.
- When the rice mixture is warm enough to handle, grease your hands with little ghee and knead the mixture to make soft dough.
- Grease your hands with ghee and make small balls out of the dough, place it on a plate and keep it aside.
For preparing jaggery sauce:
- Put a vessel on the stove add into it water and jaggery and boil it.
- Strain the jaggery syrup for any impurities.
- Take another vessel add to it jaggery syrup and reduce the flame to low and keep stirring for 8–10 minutes till the jaggery syrup attains a thick consistency.
- Add to it grated coconut and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice balls and cook for 5 minutes on low flame. Put off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder.
Bellam Undrallu is ready.
my video link : https://youtu.be/sQe-QTPME9w