The chocolate semolina cake is a cake recipe that is prepared with semolina/rava/soji. It is also an eggless cake recipe.
It is very easy and simple to prepare. I have prepared this Chocolate semolina cake in pressure cooker.
You can go through my post for Marble Cake in pressure cooker.
It is one of the favorite recipes of kids. Kids just love this Yummy!!! Chocolate Semolina Cake.
Unroasted semolina/rava/soji 1cup
Icing sugar ½ cup
Ghee/butter ½ cup
Baking powder ¾ tsp
Backing soda ½ tsp
Cocoa powder 2 tsp
Milk ¾ cup
Yogurt 1 cup
Vanilla essence ½ tsp
Cashew nuts ½ cup
Raisins 1/2 cup
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Salt a pinch
Procedure for preparing Chocolate Rava Cake:
- In a bowl mix rava, cocoa powder, icing sugar and ¼ cup of cashew nuts and raisins and mix these dry ingredients well.
- Add yogurt, ghee, cardamom powder, a pinch of salt, 1/2 cup of milk and mix well see to it that there are no lumps.
- Cover the batter with a lid and allow it to rest for 15 min.
- After 15 min open the lid and you will see the batter has become thick because rava/semolina has absorbed all the milk. So add the remaining milk and mix well. See to it that batter is neither too thick nor to thin.
- Add the baking soda and baking powder to the batter and mix well
- Meanwhile take a pressure cooker. Put it on the flame inside the pressure cooker place a stand in the center of the cooker.
- Pour 2 ½ glasses of water. And bring the water to boil.
- Grease the mould or cake tin with butter or ghee or place an aluminum foil or butter paper.
- Pour the batter into the mould or cake tin.
- Tap the tin so that the batter should evenly spread without any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle the cake with remaining and cashew nuts and raisins.
- Place the cake tin very gently upon the stand in the pressure cooker
- Remove the whistles of the cooker and the gasket cover the cooker with the lid and cook the cake for 20 min on low flame.
- After 20 min, open the lid and you will find the cake has become fluffy. Insert a toothpick into the cake to check whether the cake is cooked. If the toothpick comes out clean it means it is cooked. If it has not come out clear, close the lid and cook for another 10 min on medium to high flame.
- After 10 min, open the lid and again check the cake by inserting a toothpick. If it comes out clean the cake is cooked put off the flame.
- Take out the cake tin from pressure cooker and let it cool down completely.
- Gently cut the edges of the cake with knife, place a plate on top of the cake tin and flip it.
- Soft and spongy Chocolate Rava Cake is ready.
- Cut into desired shape and serve.
- Make sure that the water should start boiling before placing the cake tin (filled with batter) in it otherwise it will take time to cook and will not become spongy.