Cakes are usually prepared on special occasions like Easter, Christmas, New Year, birthdays, anniversaries etc. But we can prepare cake without any occasions also and enjoy eating it. Today I am posting Marble Cake that is prepared with maida and coco powder which gives the cake a chocolate taste which the children enjoy having it. This cake can be prepared in oven and also in pressure cooker.
In this posting Marble Cake is prepared in pressure cooker. It takes less time to prepare the yummy Marble Cake in pressure cooker and all can try it.
Maida 1.5 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda ¼ tsp
Powdered Sugar 1.25 cup
Butter 125 gms
Milk ½ cup
Coco powder 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Marble Cake in Pressure Cooker:
- In a bowl beat butter and powdered sugar thoroughly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla essence to it and whisk thoroughly.
- Sieve maida, baking powder and baking soda and add this mixture in portions to the bowl and blend well.
- Add milk to it in portions and blend well.
- Take a baking tin, dust it with butter and maida. Transfer half the dough into this tin.
- To the remaining dough add coco powder and mix well. Transfer this also into the baking tin.
- Now take a fork and run it criss – cross through the dough in the tin so that the white dough and chocolate dough will blend giving a marble effect.
- Take a pressure cooker; put 2 cups of salt into it. Place a ring and put the cake tin over it.
- Take the cooker lid, remove the rubber gasket, and place the lid on the cooker without the whistle.
- Put on high flame for 5 minutes. For the next 20 minutes put on medium flame and on a low flame for the last 10 minutes.
- When the cake is done, remove the cake tin from the cooker and keep it out.
- The cake can be cut when it is cool to avoid powdering. Top the cake with powdered sugar.
Delicious and yummy Marble Cake with powdered sugar toping is ready.
- To know the cake is done pierce a tooth pick into the cake, if the cake does not stick to the tooth pick the cake is done. If the cake gets struck to the tooth pick cook on low flame more for 5 minutes.