Crispy corn pakoda is a regular snack made during the monsoon seasons. Corn pakoda can be made with sweet corn or regular corn. In this recipe I have used sweet corn.
Corn has numerous health benefits. Corn is low in fat and high in nutrients and eating corn can help in respiration, gastro intestinal troubles and eye health. Corn is also good for lowering hypertension. Corn has lots of roughage so it relieves you of constipation.
Boiled corn 3 cups
Besan flour 2 cups
Red Chilli powder 2 tsp
Cumin seeds ¼ tsp
Ginger 1 cm piece
Onions 2 large
Green chillies 6
Curry leaves 4 strands
Coriander leaves 11/2 bunch
Salt 2 tsp (or as required)
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for Crispy Corn Pakoda :
- Stir the boiled corn once in the mixer to get a coarse paste.
- Finely chop ginger, onions, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Take them in a deep, wide bowl, add salt and 2tbsp oil, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Then add, coarsely ground corn and besan to it and mix well, then add water little by little and make it into a smooth dough.
- Heat a pan on the stove, put oil into it and when it is hot put the dough into the oil in the form of small lumps.
- Fry them until crisp golden brown by turning them.
- Crispy, spicy corn pakodas are ready.