Sweet and sour ginger chutney is a lip smacking treat, it is served with idlis, dosas, pakoda and parathas.
Ginger is known to promote energy circulation in the body and increase our body’s metabolic rate. Ginger is also used to reduce inflammation. Ginger is used as a natural remedy for cold and flu. Jaggery aids in digestion and reduces constipation. Jaggery also provides energy. Jaggery is a natural sweetener.
This recipe is a combination of both sweet (jaggery) and sour (ginger). So it’s a Sweet and Sour Ginger Chutney. Try it..
Ginger 100 gm
Onion 1 large
Green Chillies 6
Tamarind 11/2 lemon size
Jaggery 100 gm
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Water ¼ cup
Oil 20 ml
Procedure for sweet and sour ginger chutney :
- Mince ginger, green chillies, onions and fry them in oil.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli powder to it. Off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Soak tamarind in ¼ cup of water.
- When the fried ingredients are cool, put them into a mixer and run the mixer.
- Add tamarind
- Take it into a bowl.
- Tangy sweet and sour ginger chutney is ready.
- Put it into air tight container and refrigerator. It can be stored for 3 months.