Kabuli Channa Chakli is a very tasty, spicy and crispy deep – fried snack. It is prepared using cooked and ground channa with rice flour and spices which tastes very yummy.
Try this recipe and let me know the feedback:
Cooked kabuli channa / chole 1 cup
Rice flour 2 cups
Coriander powder ½ tsp
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Sesame seeds ½ tsp
Ajwain ½ tsp
Ghee / butter 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep-frying
Procedure for preparing Kabuli Channa Chakli:
- Soak kabuli channa/chole overnight.
- Next morning pressure cook the channa for 1 whistle and reduce the flame to low and cook for 10 minutes or till the channa is cooked. Put off the flame.
- When cool drain the water from the cooked channa and use it for cooking any curry.
- Grind the cooked channa into a fine paste.
- In a bowl mix ground channa paste, rice flour, coriander powder, cumin seeds, red chili powder, sesame seeds, ajwain, salt, melted ghee and enough water to knead into a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a karahi/pan for deep – frying. Place enough dough in the chakli mould and low the flame and press the dough into the oil.
- Increase the flame to medium. Fry both sides until crisp and golden brown.
- Remove and drain off excess oil on kitchen paper.
- Repeat the same process with remaining dough.
Spicy and crispy Kabuli Channa Chakli is ready. Cool and store in air-tight container.
- You can decrease the spice level by reducing the quantity of red chili powder.