Dosa is a staple dish of South India. Plain dosa is a fermented batter made of rice and urad dal (black lentils).
There are various types of dosas that are prepared with various variations in the ingredients.
Today I am posting one such type of different and tasty dosa – PEANUT DOSA.
There are different methods of preparing Peanut Dosa. Today I am posting one of the methods of preparing peanut dosa using peanuts, rice and cumin seeds. Let’s go thru the process.
Peanuts (groundnuts) 1 cup
Raw rice 2 cups
Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil 4 tsp
Procedure for preparing Peanut Dosa:
- Soak separately peanuts and rice for 6 hours.
- Grind the rice with enough water and put into a bowl.
- Grind peanut using enough water and put into same bowl.
- In the same bowl add cumin seeds and salt and mix well. The batter should be not too thick or too thin.
- Heat the tawa grease with oil lightly. Pour about 1 big spoon of the peanut dosa batter to the centre of the tawa.
- Spread the batter in circular motion from the centre towards the sides of the tawa forming a circle shape.
- Pour about 1 tsp of oil around the edges of the dosa and sprinkle oil on the top of the dosa.
- After few seconds the edges of the dosa starts to come off the tawa. Use a spatula to gently lift the dosa and flip it over. Cook the other side for a second or till it is done.
Tasty and delicious Peanut Dosa is ready. Serve it with tasty Channa Dal Chutney.