Pineapple pradhaman is a sweet dessert prepared with ripe pineapple, chemba rice (red rice) and moong dal. It is a delicious and tasty recipe.
Try out this delicious Pineapple Pradhaman:
Ripe Pineapple (chopped into pieces) ½ cup
Extract Coconut milk from 2 coconuts:
First coconut milk (thick coconut milk) 2 cups
Second coconut milk (thin coconut milk) 4 cups
Third coconut milk (thinner coconut milk) 4 cups
Chemba rice (red rice) 1 cup
Moong dal ½ cup
Jaggery ¾ kg
Water 2 ½ cups
Ghee 3 tbsp
Cumin powder ½ tsp
Dry ginger ½ tsp
Cashew nuts 2 tbsp
Raisins 2 tbsp
Process for preparing Pineapple Pradhaman:
1. Peel the pineapple. Chop the pineapple into pieces.
2. Grate 2 coconuts and extract the coconut milks.
3. Pressure cook 1 cup chemba rice (red rice) in 3 cups of third coconut milk. Sim for 5 min after the first whistle. Put off the flame or you can directly cook the chemba rice in a vessel adding 3 cups of third coconut milk. Put off the flame once it is cooked.
4. In a pan roast moong dal then add 1 cup of water, stir and wash it. Cook the roasted moong dal in 1cup of third coconut milk. When cooked put off the flame. It should not be overcooked.
5. In a big vessel or urali add the cooked rice and cooked moong dal. Add to it pineapple pieces and cook for 3-4 min.
6. In another vessel make jaggery syrup using 3/4 cup of jaggery and 2.5 cups of water. Add the jaggery syrup to the pradhaman. Stir well and allow it to boil.
7. Then add second coconut milk and allow it to boil on medium flame. Keep stirring continuously otherwise the pradhaman will get stuck at the bottom.
8. Add cumin powder and dry ginger powder. Mix well.
9. Add the first coconut milk and keep stirring and just allow the pradhaman to boil and immediately put off the flame and bring down the pradhaman.
10. Heat ghee in a pan add cashew nuts and raisins and fry it.
11. Add the fried cashew nuts and raisins to the pradhaman.
Delicious and tasty pineapple pradhaman is ready. It can be served hot or cold.
• You can use even sona masoori rice variety for preparing pineapple pradhaman. But chemba rice would be tastier.
• You can decrease the quantity of jaggery as ripe pineapple pieces is also added to the pradhaman.