Putunal dal is usually used to prepare chutney for idli and dosa. Putunal dal powder is also used in making murukus. Putunal dal is also used for seasoning in lime rice, tamarind rice, upma etc.
Putunal Ladoo is very easy and fast to prepare with less ingredients. Putunal Ladoo is a delicious and healthy sweet. It can be easily prepared during festivals like Diwali and other traditional festivals. Working ladies can easily prepare Putunal Ladoo and give their children a healthy and delicious ladoo within a few minutes and children enjoy having Putunal ladoo.
2 cups Putunal dal powder
1 ½ cup Sugar
100 gms Ghee
6 Cashew nuts
Procedure for Putunal Ladoo:
- Clean and grind putunal dal into fine powder.
- Powder sugar and cardamoms into fine powder.
- In a bowl mix the putunal dal powder, sugar powder and cardamom powder.
- Finely cut the cashew nuts and add to the mixture and mix well.
- Melt the ghee and pour the hot ghee into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- When the mixture is warm enough to handle, make medium sized putunal ladoos.
- Cool and store the putunal ladoo
Delicious mouth watering and mouth melting putunal ladoos are ready.