Sabudana recipes are generally prepared during fasting or vrat days like on Sri Rama Navami, navrathri days etc. Sabudana recipes have a cooling effect on the body during hot summers. Sabudana ki kheer is a traditional Indian sweet recipe that is easily prepared and tastes delicious. Sabudana kheer is easy to digest.
Sabudana 1 cup
Milk 1 liter
Sugar 1 cup
Saffron strands (kesar) 4 -5
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Almonds sliced 2 tbsp
Cashew nuts 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Sabudana Ki Kheer:
- Wash sabudana in water and drain them.
- Soak them in 1 cup of water for 2 hours. They will absorb almost all the water and their size increases.
- In a small bowl dissolve saffron strands in 1 tbsp milk.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan. When milk comes to boil, add sugar and stir well until it dissolves completely.
- Add soaked sabudana.
- Cook on medium heat until they turn transparent and soft or for around 15 – 20 minutes, keep stirring continuously. Add the saffron strands milk. Keep stirring.
- Add cardamom powder and put off the flame.
- Transfer sabudana ki kheer to a serving bowl. Garnish it with sliced almonds and cashew nuts and serve warm or chilled.
- Sabudana ki kheer thickens after cooling as it absorbs the milk. So you can have cool thick Sabudana Ki Kheer.
- If you want a little more milkier Sabudana ki Kheer, you can add little more amount of milk to the kheer at the time of serving.