Wishing you all a Happy Ramzan
Sheer Khurma is a Mugalai traditional dish made during Ramzan/EID. Sheer Khurma means dates (khurma) cooked in milk (sheer). Sheer Khurma is a pudding with fine vermicelli cooked slowly in ghee, milk, dates and dry fruits.
A delicious recipe that is enjoyed by one and all on such festive occasions with lots of laughter, amusement and togetherness which is the essence of any festival.
Fine sewainyan/fine vermicelli 2cups
Milk 1 litre
Pure ghee 3 tbsp
Water 1 cup
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Sugar ¾ cup
Nuts & dry fruits:
Dates (finely chopped) 3 tbsp
Raisins 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts (finely chopped) 5
Badam (finely chopped) 5
Pistachios (chopped) 5
Charoli nuts 5
Procedure for preparing Sheer Khurma:
- Boil milk in a pan and allow it to cool.
- Soak dates in little warm milk and set aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp ghee and add sewainyan (thin vermicelli) and fry on medium flame stirring continuously till it changes it color to light brown. Set aside.
- In the same pan heat 1 tbsp ghee fry cashew nuts, badam, pistachios, raisins and charoli nuts separately and keep aside.
- In the same pan add the fried sewainyan (thin vermicelli) and add water and boil it, then add cold milk and keep stirring, add sugar and keep stirring till it boils on low flame. Add cardamom powder and put of the flame.
- Add the roasted nuts, dates and raisins.
Delicious and tasty Sheer Khurma is ready. It can be served hot or chilled.