As the temperatures are soaring on summer days one prefer to have light diets like juices, smoothies and mixed fruit custard which is healthy, nutritious, tastes great and keep you full.
Mixed fruit custard is an easy, simple and tasty dessert which is prepared with different kinds of fruits. Kids love mixed fruit custard as they can prefer different kinds of fruits according to their own choice and tastes in this dessert.
Mixed fruit custard is also prepared during parties as its easy to make with combination of different fruit and with different tastes. The recipe is as follows…
Custard powder 4 tsp
Sugar 5 tbsp
Milk ½ litres
Cashew nuts 10
Procedure for preparing Mixed Fruit Custard:
- Mix the custard powder in 3 tsp milk taken from ½ litre milk to form a fine paste.
- In a vessel, boil the remaining milk and then add sugar.
- Put on low flame and add custard paste slowly to the boiling milk, stirring continuously for 3 – 4 minutes so that no lumps are formed.
- Put off the flame and allow it to cool.
- Refrigerate the custard for 1/2 hour.
- Chop all the fruits into small size and put it in a bowl.
- Finely chop the cashew nuts and almonds.
- In a bowl mix both the custard and chopped fruits and mix well.
- In a serving bowl put the custard mixture and then garnish with finely chopped cashew nuts and almonds.
Yummy! Simple Mixed Fruit Custard is ready to be served chilled.
- The variation in fruits can be used according to your choice, like banana, apple, pineapple, cherry, grapes, dates etc.
- Always serve custard chilled.
- Do not boil the custard for long time as it gets thickens after cooling.