Spicy mixed vegetable fry is a healthy and nutritious recipe made with fresh vegetables and with a blend of our daily spices. Vegetables are brimming and overflowing with fibre, vitamins, minerals, and other protective agents.
Onion 1 large
Ginger ½ inch piece
Garlic 5 cloves
Curry leaves 2 strands
Green chillies 2
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Garam masala powder 2 pinch
Coriander leaves (chopped) 2tbsp
Jeera ½ tsp
Salt 1 tbsp/ or as per taste
Oil to fry 2-3 tbsp
Procedure for spicy mixed vegetable fry:
- Wash all the vegetables well and cut them all of almost equal medium sized pieces.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan put 1 tbsp oil and fry capsicum separately.
- Keep aside. In the same pan add remaining oil add jeera, onions, curry leaves, coarse paste of ginger-garlic-green chillies and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, potatoes, carrots and saute and close the pan and put the flame low.
- Cook till potatoes are cooked. Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and tomato saute and close the pan for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Open the pan sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and keep tossing on low flame for 5 minutes. Put off the stove.
Spicy mixed vegetable fry can be served as a side dish with rice or with roti.
If spicy mixed vegetable fry is left over you can sandwich with bread and put it in the toaster to make crispy spicy toasts.