Sweet Potato fries are a fun sweet alternative to standard French fries. Sweet Potatoes are loaded with antioxidant like beta – carotene, Vitamin C and Vitamin E and high in Vitamin B6. Sweet Potatoes are rich in Iron and support a healthy immune system.
Today I am posting, Homemade Sweet Potato French Fries:
Sweet potatoes ½ kg
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for preparing Homemade Sweet Potato French Fries Without Oven:
- Peel and wash the sweet potatoes well.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into sticks ¼ to ½ inch wide and 3 inch long. Try to keep the majority of your wedges uniform in size.
- Boil water in a vessel. Put the sweet wedges into boiling water and cook till par-cooked (it should be just cooked but not mushy). It takes about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potatoes and pat them dry on clean towel or paper towel.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan. Add in batches the par- cooked sweet potatoes and fry for 1 -2 minutes on both sides.
- Remove from oil and allow the fried sweet potatoes to rest on paper towel to remove excess oil and cool off.
- After 10 minutes again repeat the process of deep frying, the fried sweet potatoes (again fry the fried sweet potatoes for 1 minute) to make the sweet potatoes crunchier and crispy and it lasts much longer.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, black pepper powder and salt. Add the fried sweet potatoes to the seasoning bowl and gently toss around until the fries are thoroughly coated.
Yummy Homemade Sweet Potato French Fries are ready.