Bread Halwa is an easy bread sweet recipe which requires very few ingredients. In this post Bread Halwa tastes delicious and it is rich in taste as ground almonds paste is added to it.
Try this rich Bread Halwa.
Bread Slices 8
Ghee 3 tbsp
Milk ½ liter
For Almond Paste:
Water ½ cup
Cashew nuts 5
Procedure for preparing Bread Halwa:
- Trim the edges of bread slices and cut into small pieces.
- In a pan heat ghee and add the bread pieces.
- Roast till the bread pieces turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a vessel add almonds and water and boil it on medium flame. Put off the flame allow it to cool. Then till warm remove the almonds from the boiled water and slowly peel of the skin of almonds. Now grind the almonds with little milk and grind it into fine paste.
- Add the almonds paste to the bread slices and stir well.
- Add milk and sugar and stir well and cook till it boils and reduce the flame to medium and keep stirring till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with dry fruits of your choice.
Delicious Bread Halwa is ready.
- Do not over roast the bread slices.
- Almond paste is used to thicken the halwa. It also enhances the taste of bread halwa.
Do refer for more bread recipes: