Instant Bread Vada is a tasty and crunchy tea time snack. It is one of the favorite snacks for kids. It is easy and simple to prepare this Instant Bread Vada.
Let’s go thru the ingredients and process of preparing Instant Bread Vada.
Bread 6 slices
Rice flour ¾ cup
Curd 1 cup
Onions (finely chopped) 2
Carrot (grated) 1
Green chilies (finely chopped) 5
Ginger (finely chopped) 1 small piece (2cm)
Curry leaves (finely chopped) 2 strands
Coriander leaves (chopped) 1 bunch
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for preparing Instant Bread Vada:
- Make small pieces of the bread slices and put them in a bowl.
- Add onions, green chilies, grated carrot, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, curd, rice flour, salt and mix well with hand and form dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai for deep frying. Grease your palms with little oil. Take a small portion of the dough and roll into small balls.
- Press these balls and flatten it by making a hole in the centre just like medu vada.
- Slowly and carefully slide the vadas into the hot oil and deep fry on low flame till golden brown in color by sliding on both the sides.
- Drain on kitchen paper for excess oil.
Instant Bread Vada is ready. Serve with tomato ketchup or any chutney.
- You can use brown bread instead of white bread.
- The spice levels can be increased or decreased according to your preference.