Chalimidhi Mudhalu is prepared during Batakamma Festival. Batakamma festival is an important and popular festival of Telangana.
Chalimidhi Mudhalu is prepared with fresh roti (wheat flour roti) using ghee and grinding it into coarse powder, then by adding jaggery, coconut and dry fruits and making it into laddos. It is a very nutritious laddo that can be had as a quick energy booster.
COCONUT (GRATED) ½ CUP
JAGGERY (GRATED) 1 CUP
ALMOND ½ CUP
CASHEWNUT ½ CUP
GHEE 2 TBSP
CARDAMOM POWDER ½ TSP
Procedure for preparing Chalimidhi Mudhalu:
- Prepare 4 roti using the roti dough and use ghee for preparing the roti.
- When the rotis are hot, tear it into small bite sized pieces and grind it in a blender to a coarse powder.
- Grind almonds and cashew nuts into a coarse powder.
- In a bowl add the hot roti coarse powder, grated jaggery, grated coconut, almond and cashew nuts powder, cardamom powder, 1-2 tsp of ghee and mix well.
- Immediately start making small balls or laddos out of the mixture.
Chalimidhi Mudhalu is ready.