Fish Rechedo Masala Recipe is a traditional Goan Fish Recipe. It is a spicy, tangy and aromatic shallow fried fish recipe using Reachedo Masala.
Rechedo Masala is made mainly with Kashmiri red chilies, spices, ginger, garlic and vinegar. The fish is marinated with this red paste (rechedo masala) and could be kept overnight in freezer or for 1 hour. You can also make this paste and store them in the freezer for further usage.
Let’s go thru the procedure of preparing Fish Rechedo Masala Fish Fry:
Kashmir red chili 20
Garlic cloves 12
Ginger 1-inch piece
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Tamarind a small lemon sized
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder 1 /2 tsp
Sugar 2 tsp
Vinegar ½ cup
Oil for shallow frying
- Wash and clean the fish and make some 2 – 3 slits. Keep aside.
- Soak all the ingredients in vinegar except oil and fish for 40 minutes.
- Grind the mixture to a soft and smooth paste. The paste has to be thick otherwise it will not stick to the fish.
- Now stuff the fish with the paste and into the incision. Coat the entire fish with the paste. Marinate the fish for 1 hour or leave overnight in the freezer.
- In a pan heat oil for shallow frying, once the oil is hot shallow fry the fish.
- Fry until dark brown in color from both the sides.
Yummy Goan Rechedo Masala Fish Fry is ready. Serve it with fish curry and rice.