Rava Fish Fry is an Indian Fried Fish popular over Goa. Fish is coated in spices then in rava or semolina and rice flour mixture and then deep fried or shallow fried.
This Fish Fry is crispy, spicy and tangy.
Red chilli powder 3 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste 1 ½ tbsp.
Garam masala powder ½ tbsp.
Pepper powder ½ tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Lemon juice ½
Salt to taste
For the rava fry:
Fish 1 kg
Rava/semolina ½ cup
Rice flour 2 tbsp
Oil 2 tbsp (for shallow frying)
Procedure for preparing Goan Fried Fry:
- Clean the fish and make a few slits for the spices to get in.
- In a bowl add turmeric powder, lemon juice, red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala powder, pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Marinate the fish with the mixture such that it coats the fish well. Keep the marinated fish aside for 1 hour.
- Take in a plate rava, rice flour and little salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a tawa or frying pan.
- Take the fish carefully and roll it in the rava mixture. See to it that the fish is coated on all sides with rava and rice flour.
- Gently place the fish in the frying pan and fry for about 5 minutes on one side or till the rava turns golden brown on medium to low flame.
- Turn the fish carefully and fry the other side too.
- The rava forms a crispy layer on the outside.
Crispy, tasty and tangy Goan Fish Fry is ready. Serve it with rice or have like a snack.
- U can increase the spice level.