Goan chicken fry is one of the traditional recipes of Goa. It is very taste, delicious and spicy chicken fry. In Goan chicken fry recipe, the chicken is marinated with the ground spices and set aside for 1 hour and cooked in oil with onions and tomatoes till very thick gravy is formed which coats the chicken pieces.
Let’s go thru this yummy Goan Chicken Fry recipe:
Chicken 1 kg
Dry red chillies 10
Cumin 1 tsp
Ginger 4 cm piece
Mustard 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 tsp
Vinegar 2 tsp
Tomatoes 4 medium size
Salt to taste
Oil 5 tbsp
Garam masala powder ½ tsp (optional)
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Goan Chicken Fry:
- Clean and wash the chicken pieces.
- Grind red chillies, cumin, peppercorns, cloves, dalchini, ginger, garlic and mustard into a smooth paste.
- Add salt and turmeric powder to the ground paste and mix well.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the ground paste and set aside for 1 hour.
- In pan heat oil, add chopped onions and fry till light brown then add the marinated chicken pieces and stir well. Add ½ cup of water and cook covered till the curry boils and then reduce the flame to low and cook till the chicken is tender and water is absorbed.
- Cook stirring till the chicken and masala are well fried. Add garam masala powder if the spice level is less.
- Add tomatoes and simmer till tomatoes are reduced to pulp and form thick gravy which coat the chicken pieces. Put off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve yummy Goan Chicken Fry with rice or rotis.