Channa dal chutney is one of varieties of the chutney which is consumed with idli, plain dosa, wheat dosa, groundnut dosa etc. Today, I am posting Channa dal chutney which is prepared by frying the channa dal. It has a different flavor and taste. Enjoy doing and serving this channa dal chutney.
Channa dal ½ cup
Dry red chilies 8
Coconut (grated) ¾ cup
Onion (chopped) 1 big
Tomato (chopped) 2
Coriander leaves (chopped) 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Channa Dal Chutney:
- In a pan, heat oil add to it channa dal and fry till light brown and remove the dal into a bowl.
- In the same pan fry onions, dry red chilies, tomatoes with salt, grated coconut and coriander leaves for 2-3 minutes, put off the flame and allow it to cool.
- First dry grind the dal in the grinder. Then add rest of the fired ingredients into the grinder.
- Grind well by adding sufficient water.
- Take the chutney into the bowl.
Serve this chutney with dosa and idli.
- Always grind the fried dal first so that a coarse powder is formed which becomes easy for grinding with other fried ingredients.
- Use sufficient water for grinding the chutney according to the consistency of the chutney.
- The spice level can be changed according to your preference.