Gulab Jamun is a traditional sweet recipe of India. It is prepared during Diwali, Holi, Eid, Navratri and weddings and special occasions. It is a soft, juicy and delicious balls in sugar syrup. It is the favorite sweet recipe for many.
Let’s go thru the procedure of making homemade Gulab Jamun.
Milk powder 1 cup
Maida 1 cup
Baking powder 1 tsp
Ghee 1 tbsp
Milk ½ cup
Oil for deep frying
For sugar syrup:
Sugar 2 cup
Water 1 ½ cup
Rose essence few drops
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Gulab Jamun:
- Mix maida and baking powder and sieve it 2 to 3 times.
- Add to the mix milk powder and 1 tbsp of ghee and mix well.
- Add milk to the mix little by little and prepare a soft dough. Do not over knead it.
- Prepare 20 small balls out of the dough.
- In a vessel add sugar, water and cardamom powder and boil it. Do not make 1 string consistency. Put off the flame. Add few drops of rose essence.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a pan on medium flame. To know the oil is heated up add a small piece of the dough to the hot oil. If it rises immediately to the surface without changing its color. It is the right time to put the balls in batches into the oil for deep frying. Remove the fried balls into the plate.
- Put the fried balls into the sugar syrup. Allow the balls to soak for 4 hours before serving.
Delicious, mouthwatering, soft and juicy Gulab Jamun is ready.