It is the season of ‘king of all the fruits’ – MANGO. This is relished by all from kids to elders. From raw mangoes to ripe mangoes, we prepare many recipes with mangoes like raw mango pickle, mango milkshake, smoothies, curries etc.
Today I am posting raw mango pickle in Kerala style i.e. Kadumanga Achar, which is also relished as one of the main recipe of Kerala sadhyas like Onam,Vishu and marriages and other important functions.
The recipe of simply and tasty Kadumanga Achar is as follow:
Pacha manga/Raw mangoes 2
Red chili powder 3 tbsp
Fenugreek seeds/methi powder ¼ tsp
Asafetida/hing powder ¼ tsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Garlic 2 cloves
Curry leaves 2 strands
Coconut oil 4 tbsp
Salt 4 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Kadumanga Achar:
- Wash the mangoes and pat dry them with skin.
- Chop them into fine small pieces.
- Add salt to it and leave it in a plastic container.
- After 3 – 4 hours season the mustard, curry leaves and garlic in coconut oil and put off the flame.
- Add methi powder, hing powder and red chili powder to the seasoning.
- Add the mango pieces and mix well. Store in a plastic container when cool or in a glass jar.
Simple and tasty Kadumanga Achar is ready. It goes well with curd rice, lemon rice or plain rice or kanji.
- It does not contain any preservatives. Thus U can refrigerate and store for a week.
- This instant pickle is served in Kerala sadhya’s.
- The spice level can be increased or decreased as per ur choice.
- Don’t put a wet spoon in pickle bottle the pickle will get spoilt.