Kappa (Tapioca) Umpa is an easy and healthy recipe for breakfast or as a tea time snack or for dinner.
Today I am posting the tasty Kappa Puzhukku – Kappa Upma.
Kappa (Tapioca) ½ kg
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Coconut oil 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Green chilies 6 – 8
Coconut grated ¼ cup
Jeera ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Kappa Puzhukku – Kappa Upma:
1. Peel and cut the tapioca into 1” inch thick pieces and wash them nicely.
2. In the pressure cooker add the tapioca (kappa) pieces with enough water, turmeric powder and salt and cook on high flame till the 1st whistle and low the flame and cook for 6 – 8 minutes. Put off the flame.
3. Drain the water.
4. Grind coconut grated, green chilies, jeera to a coarse paste without adding water.
5. With the help of a spatula nicely mash the cooked Tapioca (Kappa).
6. Add the ground coarse paste to the mashed Tapioca (Kappa) and mix well and put on the stove and stir and cook for 2 – 3 minutes stirring continuously so that the mixture is blended well and cooked.
7. Finally add the coconut oil on the cooked Kappa as it gives a good flavour and aroma.
Tasty Kappa Puzhukku – Kappa Umpa is ready. Serve it hot with meen curry (fish curry) or chicken curry or mutton curry.
• You can increase or decrease the spice level according to your preference.
• Adding coconut oil gives a good flavour and aroma.