Nendraphazham is one of the most commonly found variety of banana in Kerala and Tamil Nadu. Its long in size compared to other varities of banana. It is especially given to infants due to its high protein content.
Kerala Banana Delight is a nutritious snack as it is the combination of Nendraphazham, jaggery and coconut. Kerala Banana Delight is the favourite both for the children and elderly.
Courtesy: Mrs. Sheeba, (my hubby’s aunt ) contributed this recipe along with pictures. Basically a house wife ,passionate about cooking and trying out new recipes in her spare time.
Ingredients for Kerala Banana Delight :
Ripe bananas (Nendraphazam) 6
Oil 2 tsp
Jaggery 3 pieces (cubes)
Coconut ½ cup grated
Water 1/4 cup
Cashew nuts 10
Cardamom 4 crushed/powered
Procedure for Kerala Banana Delight:
- Peel the bananas
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry the cashew nut and set it aside.
- For jaggery syrup – boil ¼ cup of water and jaggery and keep it aside .
- In a kadai put the jaggery syrup and grated coconut stir on low flame for 2-3 minutes .
- Add the banana pieces into the jaggery syrup and keep stirring still the bananas are well coated with jaggery syrup and grated coconut.
- Add the fried cashew nut and cardamom powder, stir well and put off the flame.
Kerala Banana Delight / Nendraphazham Delight is ready to be served.