A teatime snack . The banana [nendrapazham] is a good carbohydrate source thus a filling snack for kids back from school .
Medium ripe bananas – 4 (nendrapazham)
Maida – 1 cup Rice flour – 2 table spoon Salt – ¼ tea spoon Water Yellow food color Procedure of banana fillets :
- Sieve maida and food color together and put into a bowl.
- Add rice flour and salt to it.
- Add water and keep stirring so that there will be no lumps.
- Make the batter to the consistency of dosa batter.
- Peel the bananas .
- Cut the banana into halves and slit each half into three longitudinally.
- Put a kadai on the stove .Heat it and then pour oil into it.
- Dip the slit banana pieces into the batter and slide them in the hot oil.
- Toss the banana dips as and when needed with a spatula.
- Remove them into a plate with tissue paper when they turn light-golden color .