Chicken Kurma is a delicious chicken recipe. Niligiri Chicken Kurma is prepared using coconut, coriander leaves, mint leaves and spices. Niligiri Chicken Kurma is one of the famous chicken recipes in Tamil Nadu.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Niligiri Chicken Kurma:
Chicken 1 kg
Ginger – garlic paste 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Green chilies 10
Oil 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut grated 1 cup
Coriander leaves 1 bunch
Mint leaves ¼ cup
Cashew nuts 7
Fennel seeds ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Niligiri Chicken Kurma:
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Keep it aside.
- Grind all the ingredients under grinding into a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped onions and slit green chilies. Fry till the onions turn light brown in color.
- Add ginger – garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add turmeric powder, garam masala powder and red chili powder and saute it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute. Cook till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add 1 cup of water into the curry and allow it to boil. Once it is boiled add chicken pieces and mix well. Close the lid. Stir occasionally and cook.
- When the chicken is ¾ done add the ground paste and mix well. Cook till the chicken is tender.
Delicious Niligiri Chicken Kurma is ready. Serve it with roti, naan, plain rice or jeera rice.
Do refer for more gravy Chicken Recipes: