Palak paratha is a nutritious recipe which is filled with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients which is good for the kids. It is used for lunch, dinner and to pack the tiffins.
1 cup palaka leaves
1 bunch coriander leaves
1/2 bunch mint leaves
4 green chillies paste
½ cup milk
Oil for coating
Salt to taste
Procedure to nutritious palak paratha :
- Wash and drain palak leaves, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Finely chop palak leaves, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- In a blow mix wheatflour, palaka leaves, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies paste and salt.
- Prepare the dough using milk and if needed use little water. Using the milk makes the paratha softer and you get a more nutritious palak paratha.
- Cover with a soft cloth and keep aside for 30 mintues.
- Make lemon-sized balls of the dough.
- Spread each balls into round shaped paratha with a rolling pin.
- Roast in a tawa coating each side with a bit of oil.
Nutritious palak paratha is ready to be served. Nutritious palak paratha go well with yogurt, mango pickle or tomato pickle.