Pudina pani is a refreshing drink during summer time and when you are outdoors on hot days. It is a common coolant in India , relished by young and old. Children love the chatpati taste.
Vendors place Pudina pani stalls at prime places which attracts shoppers and the passer-bys. If you are health conscious and not comfortable drinking from the road side vendors , you can as well prepare this delicious drink at home and serve the family.
Pudina pani is a healthy summer coolant. You can also use drinking water stored in earthern pots if you want to avoid crushed ice cubes.
For making 3 large glasses of Pudina pani.
Pudina leaves ( Mint leaves): ½ cup
Fresh Ginger: 2 “ piece
Drinking water : 2 cups
Lemon: 2 nos (extract juice)
Sugar: 5 tspns
Black salt ( Kala namak) :1 tspn – crushed
Chaat masala: 1 tspn ( recommend Everest brand, I always use this Chaat masala)
Cumin seeds ( Jeera) : ¾ tspn ( roasted and powdered)
For garnishing :
lemon slices -3 nos
5 to 6 mint leaves
crushed ice cubes-3/4 cup
Procedure for Pudina pani:
- Wash Mint leaves and drain all water.
- Grind mint
- Strain the juice thru’ a fine mesh filter , this will keep off all fibers.
- Transfer the filtered juice into a large jug.
- Add all the remaining ingredients. Mix well and check for the level of sweetness and taste.
- Chill this for 30 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve into tall serving glasses.
- Garnish with lime slices and 1 or 2 mint leaves and add some crushed ice cubes into each glass.
You family will be amazed to have the healthy drink at home and will also appreciate your efforts in hot summer.