Raw Banana is widely used in many Indian cooking recipes as snacks, curries, fries etc. it is a good dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals and contains starch that may help control blood sugar, manage weight and lower blood cholesterol level.
Carrot contains beta carotene and fiber content and is rich in Vitamins, Iron which helps in improving the vision, reduce cholesterol, boost the immune system and improve digestion.
Today I am posting a recipe with combination of both raw banana and carrot using curd and coconut which is very tasty and also healthy.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing the recipe…
Raw Banana 1
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut grated 4 tbsp
Green chilies 4
Ginger 1/2” small piece
Jeera ½ tsp
Curd 2 tbsp
Coconut oil 3 tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Procedure for preparing Raw Banana Carrot in Curd:
- Grind coconut grated, jeera, ginger piece, green chilies and curd into a coarse paste.
- Peel, wash and chop the carrot into small cube pieces.
- Always oil you hands lightly before peeling and chopping raw bananas to remove the stickiness of raw banana.
- Soak the chopped raw banana in salt water for at least 5minutes and wash it in several changes of water.
- In a kadai boil raw banana pieces with enough water, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste until soft. Put off the flame.
- In another kadai boil carrot pieces with enough water, ¼ tsp turmeric powder and salt to taste until soft, add the cooked banana pieces and ground coarse paste and mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Put off the flame.
- Pour 3tsp of coconut oil over the curry and garnish with curry leaves.
Raw Banana Carrot in curd is ready. Serve with rice, roti and bread.
- Use coconut or any vegetable oil on your palms before peeling and chopping raw bananas to remove the stickiness of the banana.
- Also lightly rub oil on the knife before peeling and chopping raw bananas to remove the stickiness of the banana easily.
- Garnishing this recipe with coconut oil increase the flavor and aroma of this recipe.