Potato Capsicum Fry is a simple and tasty dish. Aloo Shimla Mirch is dry North Indian recipe cooked with Aloo (potato) and Shimla Mirch (capsicum). Aloo and Shimla Mirch make a great tasty combination which is relished by all.
Today I am posting Spicy Potato Capsicum fry which is easy and simple dish which can be served with rotis, bread and rice. The procedure for preparing Spicy Potato Fry is as follows:
Onions (chopped) 1
Tomatoes (chopped) 2
Coriander powder 2 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Ginger – garlic paste 1 ½ tsp
Garam masala powder ½ tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Oil 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Procedure for preparing Potato – Capsicum Fry:
- Wash and cut capsicum into small cubes.
- Peel, wash and cut potatoes into small cubes.
- In a kadhai heat oil and add mustard seeds and cumin. When mustard seeds splutter, add onions and fry for 2 – 3 minutes still the onions turn pinkish.
- Add ginger- garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes or till the raw smell disappears.
- Add coriander powder and fry for 1 minute, add red chili powder and fry for 1 minute.
- Add capsicum and potato pieces, stir well and close the lid and cook for 8 -10 minutes on low flame stirring occasionally.
- When the potatoes are half done add tomato pieces, stir well and cook for 5 minutes on low flame or till the potatoes and capsicum is cooked.
- Add garam masala powder and stir well and put off the flame.
Spicy Potato – Capsicum Fry is ready. Serve it with chapattis, naan and rice.
- U can increase or decrease the spice level according to your preference.