During winter season we usually prefer to have some spicy foods as our taste buds increase to have spicy recipes like pickles, spicy chutney, pulao, spicy curries, spicy chat etc.
So, today I am posting Cauliflower Pickle which is very easy and simple to prepare and its crunchy and spicy. It lasts for 7 days if kept outside and if it is kept in fridge it lasts for 15 days.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Cauliflower Pickle:
Cauliflower 1 medium-sized
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder 5 tsp
Mustard seeds powder 1 tsp
Methi seeds (roasted) ½ tsp
Oil 1 cup
Salt to taste
Procedure for preparing Cauliflower Pickle:
- Cut the Cauliflower into small pieces and soak them in warm water to which ¼ tsp of turmeric powder is added for 10 minutes. By doing this process the dirt in Cauliflower comes out easily.
- Drain the water and pat dry the Cauliflower pieces in the sun for about 2 hours so that there is no moisture in cauliflower pieces.
- Dry roast methi seeds and allow it to cool and grind it into fine powder.
- In a bowl take the cauliflower pieces, add to it salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, mustard seeds powder, roasted methi seeds powder and juice of 2 lime and mix well with a dry spoon, add little by little oil and mix well.
- Transfer the contents to a glass jar. The oil should always stand above the contents. Thus oil helps in preventing the pickle from getting spoilt.
- Put the pickle into glass jar and keep it to a side and do not disturb it for 1 day as it allows all the ingredients to get blended well.
- Use a dry spoon for taking the pickle otherwise the pickle gets spoilt.
- Cauliflower Pickle stays fresh for 7 days when kept outside. If it is kept in firgde it stays good for 15 days.
Serve Cauliflower Pickle with rice, sambar, dal curry etc.