Mutton Kheema curry is prepared in different ways in different regions of India. Today I am posting Telangana Style Mutton Kheema Curry. Some people prepare kheema curry in dry form and some prepare it as thick gravy curry. This Telangana Style Mutton Kheema Curry is prepared as a thick gravy curry.
Kheema curry is a very healthy diet as its high in proteins. It is usually given to patients after they have suffered from fever to regain the strength and energy. One of most famous recipes among kids is Kheema curry.
Kheema 1 kg
Onions 2 large
Green chilies 2
Ginger-garlic paste 2 tsp
Coriander powder 3 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Red chilies powder 1.5 tsp
Mint leaves ¼ cup
Garam masala powder ½ tsp
Oil 6-7 tsp
Salt to taste
Procedure for preparing Telangana Style Mutton Kheema Curry:
- Wash and drain the kheema. Cook the kheema with turmeric powder, salt and ¼ cup of water in a pressure cooker for 2 whistle and then cook for 5 min on low flame. Put off the flame.
- Heat oil in the khadai, add onions and green chilies and saute for 5 min on medium flame or till the onions turn light brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and stir fry for 3-4 minutes on low flame till nice aroma comes, keep stirring the mixture as it does not get burnt down.
- Add coriander powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add red chilies powder and saute for 1 minute. Keep stirring as it does not get burnt down.
- Add mint leaves and stir fry for 1 minute. Then add tomato pieces and stir fry for 2 minutes and add ¼ cup water and cook for 5 minutes still tomato pieces are done.
- Add the cooked kheema and mix well till the kheema is properly coated with the tomato mixture and cook on medium flame for 3-4 minutes till it starts bubbling.
- Reduce the flame to low, add garam masala powder and cook for 1-2 minutes. Put off the flame.
- Garnish the Telangana Style Mutton Kheema Curry with coriander leaves.
Telangana Style Mutton Kheema Curry is ready to be served. It goes well with rotis, parathas, plain rice, bread and vegetable fried rice.
- U can adjust the spice level according to your taste buds.
- U can also add lemon juice 2-3 tsp to kheema curry to reduce the spice level and to get a more tangy taste which will be liked by the kids and for those who prefer less spice.