There are several different styles of making egg masala curry and this recipe is from Telangana region.
Eggs are highly nutritious. They contain a wide range of essential vitamins and minerals and are one of the best source of high quality protein. Eggs are not high in fat. Eggs can be consumed raw, par boiled, boiled or in any other form but it tastes simply delicious and its nutritious.
Try out this mouth watering crispy egg masala curry.
Courtesy: Abhigna (my niece’s friend ), a college student contributed this recipe along with pictures.
4 eggs boiled and cut into halves
1 large onion finely chopped
1 large tomato
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 bay leaves (optional)
½ tsp turmeric powder
½ tsp garam masala powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 cup water
1tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
Pinch of asafetida
Salt to taste
Procedure for crispy egg masala curry:
- Heat a non-stick pan with few drops of oil. Add to it a pinch of turmeric powder, salt and boiled eggs and fry for a couple of minutes on both the sides till the eggs are brown in color.
- When the eggs are fried it gives a nice color and crunchy texture to the eggs.
- For the gravy, take a thick bottom pan heat the oil. Add asafetida, mustard seeds and bay leaves. When the mustard seeds splutter add chopped onions and fry for 1 minutes then add ginger-garlic paste and salt and fry the onions till they are soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes and turmeric powder and fry nicely till the tomatoes are done then add red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Add a cup of water to the curry and stir it occasionally till the curry boils. Then add to it fried eggs and mix gently and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally before turning off the heat add chopped coriander leaves.
Serve this egg masala curry with hot rotis, parathas or rice.
For more special and tasty recipes visit our Facebook page.