Methi (fenugreek) is a remedy for many maladies such as arthritis, diabetes, ulcer and stomach disorder using methi leaves twice a week in cooking balances the sugar level in blood.
Potatoes ½ kg
Methi leaves 3 cups
Onion 1 (chopped)
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Dry red chillies 1
Garlic 2 (chopped length)
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Curry leaves 1 strand
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tbsp
Procedure for preparing ALOO METHI SABJI:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Wash and chop the methi leaves.
- Heat the oil in a kadhi. Add the mustard and cumin seeds.
- When mustard seeds start to splutter. Add the chopped onions, slit green chillies, chopped garlic, broken dry chillies and curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Add salt and turmeric powder stir fry, till the onion turn pinkish.
- Add potato pieces and stir fry for 1 minute. Add ½ cup of water and close with lid.
- When the potatoes are half cooked, add the methi leaves and let it to boil on medium flame.
- When the water completely evaporates put off the flame and transfer the subji to a bowl.
Tasty and nutritious “ALOO METHI SABJI” is ready!!!