Amla or Indian Gooseberry is famous among Indians for its medicinal Ayurvedic Properties. Amla are good source of Vitamin C. Amla helps against indigestion, inflammations and arthritis. It cools the stomach when taken in, treats dry cough and it gets rid of the toxins in the liver.
Amla candy is healthiest candy. It is loved by kids. Amla candy is quite easy to make. It is prepared using sugar and amla.
Amla / Indian Gooseberries ½ kg
Sugar 2 cups
Powdered sugar 2 tbsp
- Wash Amla and steam cook till it is soft.
- Discard the seeds and cut amla.
- Put the amla pieces in a large vessel and add 2 cups of sugar and mix well. Coat the amla pieces with sugar.
- Close the vessel and keep it aside for 3 days.
- After 1st day sugar gets turned into syrup and amla pieces will be floating in the syrup. Stir the syrup and cover keep it aside for 2 more days.
- After 3rd day amla settles down at the bottom of the vessel and syrup at the top. Sieve the amla pieces and do not throw the strained liquid. Add more cold water to it squeeze some lemon juice and drink it. It is a nutritious drink.
- Put the amla pieces in sunlight to dry.
- Sundry these pieces for 2 – 3 days.
- After drying coat these amla pieces with powdered sugar.
Amla Candy is ready. Store it in airtight containers. Consume daily 1 -2 pieces.
Do refer for more Amla recipe: