An Indian meal is incomplete without a pickle. Fresh vegetables and fruits available during their seasons are chopped and mixed with spices to prepare the seasonal pickles which are stored for longer shelf life. Some pickles are prepared instantly and also it has short shelf life.
Amla Pachadi is a very quick tangy pickle made with Indian gooseberries and tossed with some Indian spices. Today I am posting Amla Pachadi or Instant Cut Amla Pickle prepared in Telangana style. This pickle goes well curd rice, hot rice and ghee. It can be stored for 1 month.
Garlic 12 cloves
Oil 3 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Methi seeds 1 tsp
Jeera / cumin 1 tsp
Oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds ¾ tsp
Jeera ¾ tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Salt 1 ½ tsp or to taste
Procedure for preparing Amla Pachadi – Instant Cut Amla Pickle:
- Wash the amla’s 3 – 4 times. Cut the amla into pieces.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a pan add the amla pieces and fry for 10 – 15 minutes on low flame till the amla pieces turn light brown. Put off the flame. Transfer the fried amla pieces into a plate.
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in another pan, add mustard seeds and jeera when it splutters add methi seeds and fry on low flame till it changes its color to light brown. Put off the flame allow it to cool. Then grind it and keep it aside.
- Mash the garlic cloves.
- In the remaining oil, add mustard seeds and jeera for seasoning, when it splutters add mashed garlic and fry for 2 – 3 minutes on low flame till it turns light brownish. Now add 2tsp of red chili powder and 1 ½ tsp salt.
- Add amla pieces and saute for 1 minute then add the ground masala paste and saute for 1 minutes on low flame and put off the flame. Allow the contents too cool.
- When cool transfer to a glass jar. It will stay fresh for 1 month.
Always use a clean and dry spoon while using the pickle.
Do refer other pickle recipes: