Andhra chicken curry is famous for its spicy taste. Today I am posting Andhra Chicken Curry which is spicy, tasty and easier to prepare.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Andhra Chicken Curry.
Chicken 1 ½ kg
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder 4 tsp
Curd 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Dal chinni/patta 2
Black pepper 7
Khus-khus/poppy seeds 2 tsp
Dhania/coriander seeds 2 tsp
Jeera/cumin seeds 1 tsp
Ginger 1“ piece
Garlic 10 – 12
Green chilies 10
Oil 2 tbsp
Water 1 cup
Mint 8 – 9 leaves
Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
Lime juice 1 tbsp
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
- Marinate chicken pieces with salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder and curd and keep it aside for 1 hour.
- Grind together all the ingredients under grinding into a fine paste.
- In pan heat oil add chopped onions and slit green chilies. Sauté it till the onions turn light brown.
- Now add the marinated chicken pieces and stir well. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes by closing the lid. And occasionally stirring so that it does not get burnt at the bottom.
- Add the ground paste and stir well. Add 1 cup of water to it and mix well. Allow it to cook till the chicken is tender or done. Put off the flame.
- Add the lime juice and stir well. Garnish with mint and coriander leaves.
Spicy Andhra Chicken curry is ready. Serve it with rice, roti or any Indian bread.
Do refer for more Chicken recipes: