Ari – Kapalandi Unda is a traditional sweet recipe of Kerala. It is a very nutritious unda or ladoo as it is prepared with the combination of roasted rice, roasted groundnut/peanut, roasted til, jaggery and coconut.
Ari – Kapalandi Unda is a great energy booster as it provides us lots of energy and it also tackles anaemia.
Kids love this unda for its flavour and taste. It can be packed for their snack box to school.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Ari-Kapalandi Unda:
Chemba rice (red rice) 2 cups
Ground nuts/Peanuts 2 cups
White Til 1 cup
Jaggery 500 gms
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Procedure to preparing Ari – Kapalandi Unda:
- In a pan dry roast chemba rice for 15 to 20 min on medium flame by stirring continuously till it turns crispy. Put off the flame.
- Allow it to cool after 5 minutes grind the rice to a coarse powder.
- In the same pan dry roast groundnuts for 10 to15 min on medium flame stirring continuously till the groundnuts are done. Put off the flame and with the help of your palms remove the skin of the roasted groundnuts. Grind the groundnuts to a fine powder.
- In the same pan dry roast white til for 10 minutes on low flame stirring continuously till it pops up or till it changes its colour to little brown allow to cool after 5 minutes grind the roasted til to fine powder.
- Grate the jaggery and coconut.
- In a bowl take the ground roasted rice power, groundnut powder, til powder, grated jaggery, grated coconut and cardamom powder and mix well so that there are no lumps. Make small balls/undas out of the mixture.
Delicious Ari-Kapalandi Unda is ready. Cool and store in an air-tight container.