Badam (Almond) contains lots of healthy fats, fiber, protein, magnesium and Vitamin E.
It is a healthy solution for relief from constipation, respiratory disorders, coughs, heart disorders, anemia and diabetes. It also helps in maintance of healthy hair and skin.
It is also a good home remedy for headache caused during winter. Hence, Badam Burfi is one of the best homemade remedy for coughs and headache caused during winter. Do consume Badam Burfi in small quantities daily during winter as it keeps the body warm.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing this Winter recipe – Badam Burfi
Badam 1 ½ cup
Cream ¾ cup
Ghee ½ cup
Sugar 1 cup
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Badam (finely chopped) 8
Procedure for preparing Badam Burfi:
- Grease a plate with 1 tsp ghee.
- Grind the badam into fine powder.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the badam powder and fry on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Beat cream in a bowl.
- Add the cream to the badam mixture and mix well. Keep stirring for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Add sugar and stir well till the sugar dissolves. Keep stirring till the mixture thickens and leaves the side of the pan. Put off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well.
- Spread the badam mixture into the greased plate evenly. Garnish with finely chopped badam pieces.
- Let it cool and cut into desired shape using a greased knife.
Delicious, tasty and healthy Badam Burfi is ready.