Fish fry is a favorite dish among all age groups. It can be served as a side dish to a meal or as an appetizer. Fish can be fried in different ways; it all depends on the marination ingredients.
Do refer for more fish recipes:
Today I am posting fish fry using black pepper which makes the fish fry spicy, crispy and tasty.
Fish 4 medium sized cleaned and slit
Black pepper powder 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tsp
Curry leaves 2-3 strands
Rice flour 2 tsps
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Lime juice for washing
Procedure to make Black pepper fish fry: –
- Wash and clean the fish and make 2-3 slits.
- Add the lime juice to the fish and wash them.
- Prepare the masala by mixing black pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, ginger garlic paste, salt, rice flour and a little water.
- The masala should have a thick consistency and coat the fish with the masala on both the sides. Marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in the pan and keep the fish carefully in it and allow it to fry until it becomes crispy then flip and cook the other side till it becomes crispy.
- Now add the curry leaves to the hot oil and fry it. It helps to enhance the flavor of the fish.
- Place the fish on paper towel to drain the oil.
- Place the fish with fried curry leaves and serve it warm with rice.
Adjust the spice level to your choice by varying the amounts of chili and pepper powder.