Chicken Manchurian is a favorite dish which is relished by people of all age group. It is a Chinese recipe with Indian touch. Chicken Manchurian is prepared in two varieties – one is dry and other is wet/gravy.
Today I am posting Dry Chicken Manchurian recipe. Chicken is marinated in a batter and then fried and later cooked in yummy thick gravy.
Chicken 750 gm
Corn flour 3 tbsp
Chilli sauce 2 tbsp
Soy sauce 2 tbsp
Garlic (finely chopped) 4 tbsp
Ginger (finely chopped) 1 tbsp
Celery (chopped) 2 tbsp
Green chillies (chopped) 10
Onion (chopped) 1
Tomato sauce 1 tbsp
Pepper powder ¼ tsp
Sugar ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Ajinomotto a pinch
Chicken stock 1 cup
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
- In a bowl mix 2 tbsp water and 2 tbsp cornflour.
- Add to the same bowl egg, pepper powder, 1 tbsp chilli sauce, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp tomato sauce, ajinomotto and mix well and prepare a batter.
- Marinate chicken pieces in the batter. Keep it aside for ½ hour.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Add the marinated chicken pieces to the hot oil and fry them in batches. Keep them aside.
- In another pan heat 1 tbsp oil (you can use the same oil that was used for deep frying), add chopped garlic and chopped ginger and fry till it turns light brown in oil.
- Add green chillies and onions and fry till the onions till is changes it color to light brown.
- Now add celery and capsicum and sauté. Add 1 tbsp chilli sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce and stir well.
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix 1tbsp corn flour with 1 cup of chicken stock. Keep it aside.
- Add the cornflour mixture and sugar to the gravy and cook on low flame for 2 – 3 minutes then add fried chicken pieces and sauté well till the liquid evaporates. Put off the flame.
Serve yummy Dry Chicken Manchurian with fried rice or noodles.
- You can increase the spice level according to your preference.
Do refer for more Chicken recipes: