Coconut ice recipe is a delicious and attractive candy recipe which is usually prepared during festive season of Christmas. It is a yummy treat for any coconut lover. Coconut ice recipe is easy to make, doesn’t need cooking and is quick to put together.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Coconut Ice
Desiccated coconut 2 cups
Condensed milk 200 g
Pink food color 2 pinch
Icing sugar 1 cup
Vanilla essence ½ tsp
Procedure for preparing Coconut Ice:
- In a bowl mix together condensed milk, icing sugar and desiccated coconut. The mixture should be very stiff and divide the mixture into half.
- Color one half of mixture with pale pink food color and keep mixing until you have an even color. (I didn’t have pale pink color so I used red orange color, usually pale pink color is used for coconut ice recipe.
- Grease a pan with oil or butter or butter paper.
- Pour the white coconut mixture into the greased pan and press it down firmly.
- Then add the pink coconut mixture on the top of the white layer and press firmly together.
- Leave for 2-3 hours until firm and cut into square shapes. Keep refrigerated in an air tight container and use within 3 weeks.
Yummy and attractive Coconut Ice is ready.