Maida Namkeen recipe is a crispy and crunchy snack prepared with maida (all-purpose flour) and spices which is deep-fried in oil. It is also a tea time snack recipe.
In this recipe I used ajwain (carom seeds) as it is good for digestion and it also gives nice flavor to Maida
Namkeen recipe. Kids love this snack. We can pack this snack in tiffin box/lunch box for kids.
The shelf life of this recipe is around 1 month. This Namkeen recipe can be made in advance and stored in an air- tight container during festivals like Diwali, Holi etc. and other important functions. Maida Namkeen recipe can be taken as snack recipe for long distance journeys.
Maida (all-purpose flour) 2 cups
Ajwain (carom seeds) 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Oil 4 tsp
Water as required
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for preparing Maida Namkeen:
- In a large bowl sieve maida (all-purpose flour).
- Add to it ajwain, 4 tsp of oil and salt. Add water little by little and make a soft dough. Keep it aside for 10 minutes covered.
- Make into lemon size balls from the soft dough. Roll out the balls to a very thin lager roti.
- Cut it into strips using sharp knife.
- Heat oil in a kadai when it is hot, gently put the maida strips into the oil.
- Fry on both sides till it is crispy.
- Store it in an air- tight container.
Crispy Maida Namkeen recipe is ready.