Doodh Peda is one of the auspicious and traditional Indian sweets that is served as Prasad in religious services. It is also prepared during festival occasions and celebrations. Traditionally Doodh Peda is prepared using milk. This process is time consuming but the end result is a yummy, delicious, mouthwatering Doodh Peda.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Yummy Doodh Peda:
Cow’s milk 1 liter
Ghee 1 tsp
Sugar ¾ cup
Yogurt/ curd 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Almonds (chopped) 10
Procedure for preparing Doodh Peda:
- Grease the pan/ kadai with ghee and add milk to the pan. Boil the milk.
- Once it boils, add sugar and keep stirring.
- Cook till it reduces to half its quantity.
- Add yogurt and keep stirring.
- Milk will start to curdle once yogurt is added and becomes thick.
- Allow the milk to cook, till it gets more thick and leaves the sides of the pan or till all the liquid evaporates from it. Put off the flame.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate and allow it to cool.
- Take the peda mixture into a blending jar and grind until smooth.
- Transfer the ground peda mixture into a bowl and mix cardamom powder into it and mix well.
- Take small portions of the mixture and roll into small balls.
- Gently press the peda in the center and make a dent. Place the chopped almonds in the dent and press a little.
Yummy, delicious and mouthwatering Doodh Peda is ready.
- Grease a pan/kadai with ghee before boiling the milk so that the milk does not stick to the pan/kadai.