Salad are quick and easy to make, they are an easy and delicious way to get live, biodynamic foods into your diet.
Salads provide fibre, antioxidants, Vitamins and minerals which are required for a healthy diet.
Today I am posting a healthy salad – Bhel Poha Dry Fruits, Fruits Salad with Jaggery.
Bhel (puffed rice) 2 cups
Aval (poha) 2 cups
Dry Dates 6
Coconut pieces ½ cup
Putunal dal ¼ cup
Jaggery grated ¼ cup
Procedure for preparing Healthy Bhel – Poha Salad:
- Peel the orange and orange slices.
- Chop the apple into cubes.
- Chop the banana into round pieces.
- Chop finely the dry dates lengthwise.
- In a bowl take bhel (puffed rice), aval (poha), dry dates, banana slices, orange slices, apple slices, coconut pieces, jaggery grated and putunal dal and mix well.
Healthy and tasty Bhel – Poha Salad is ready to be served.
This salad is healthy as it consists of bhel and poha. Bhel is a gluten-free grain and poha is rich source of iron and fibre. Dry dates are free from cholesterol and they are also good source of iron, protein and dietary fibre. Fruits like banana, apple and orange are good source of dietary fibre, antioxidants and also have anti- inflammatory property. Jaggery is also an excellent source of iron, antioxidants and minerals. With all these ingredients our salad is a healthy salad.
Children love this salad as it is a combination of bhel, poha, dry fruits (dates) and fruits like apple, banana and orange with jaggery, putunal dal and coconut pieces.
Try this HEALTHY SALAD !!!