It is time for the mango season – markets are flooded with raw mangoes. So it’s the season for pickles, juices and curries with mango.
Today I am posting an easy and quick instant cut mango pickle in Kerala style. This pickle is prepared for Kerala Sadhya during festive occasions, wedding and other important occasions. There are different methods of preparing mango pickle. This instant cut mango pickle is prepared without using oil and also garlic.
Do refer for more raw mango recipes:
Let’s go thru the process of preparing instant cut mango pickle:
Raw mango 1
Green chilies 3
Curry leaves 8 strands
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Methi seeds/ fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
Hing (block)/asafetida ½” piece
Procedure for preparing INSTANT CUT MANGO PICKLE:
- Wash and wipe dry the raw mango and chop to make small pieces.
- Chop the green chilies.
- In a kadhai dry roast methi seeds and hing block on low flame till the methi seeds change its color to dark brown. Put off the flame.
- When cool, grind it into a fine powder.
- In a bowl, add mango pieces, green chilies, curry leaves, red chili powder, salt and ground powder (methi seeds and hing block) and mix well. Close with a lid and keep it aside for 5 – 6 hours or leave overnight and use next day.
- By now the mango pieces gets set with the spices and flavor.
- Fill the pickle in a glass jar and keep refrigerated for a longer shelf life.
Spicy Instant Cut Mango Pickle is ready. Serve with hot steaming rice, curd rice, paratha, roti, rice gruel etc.