Makai Ka Halwa or Corn Halwa can be prepared with natural corn variety or sweet corn variety. In this post I have used sweet corn variety. Makai Ka Halwa is prepared using sweet corn, sugar, milk, ghee, grated coconut and cardamom powder.
It is a healthy traditional recipe from Gujarat and Rajasthan. It is also prepared during Vasant Panchami.
Grated Sweet Corn Cob 2 cups
Milk 2 Cups
Sugar ¾ cup
Coconut grated 3 tbsp
Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
Almonds (Chopped) 7
Procedure for preparing MAKAI KA HALWA:
- Remove the outer skin and the fiber of sweet corn and then grate them. (I used 3 medium sized sweet corns).
- Heat ghee in a pan, add the grated sweet corn and saute it until it changes its color. It takes about 8 – 10 minutes on medium flame keep stirring.
- Add sugar and fry for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add milk and stir well for 5 minutes on medium flame. Keep stirring.
- Now add the freshly grated coconut and cook on low flame for 2 – 3 minutes. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Put off the flame.
- Transfer Makai ka halwa into a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped almonds.
Makai Ka Halwa is ready.
- U can also use other dry fruits.
- U can increase or decrease the sugar.
Do refer for more Sweet Corn recipes: