Spicy and Sweet Corn Pulao is prepared using sweet corn, rice and spices. It is a nutritious pulao which has a spicy and sweet taste.
Corn is low in fat and high in nutrients and eating corn can help respiratory, gastro instential and eye health. Corn has lots of roughage so it relieves you of constipation.
Today I am posting Spicy and Sweet Corn Pulao which is relished by all.
Serve Spicy and Sweet Corn Pulao with Pepper Egg Scramble. It tastes YUMMY!
Rice 1 ½ cup
Water 2 ¾ cup
Sweet Corn 1 cup
Green chillies 6
Ginger- garlic paste 2 tsp
Garam masala powder 2 tsp
Mint/ pudina leaves 1 bunch
Coriander leaves 2tbsp
Ghee 2 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Spicy and Sweet Corn Pulao:
- Chop onions into long pieces. Slit the green chillies.
- In a pressure cooker heat ghee, add to it chopped onions and slit green chillies and fry till the onions turns light brownish.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté on low flame till the raw smell disappears.
- Add garam masala powder and stir fry for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add washed mint leaves and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sweet corns and stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato pieces and sauté for 1 minute,
- Now add the washed rice and fry for 1-2 minutes and then add 2 ¾ cup of water and stir well and close with the pressure cooker lid and allow it to cook till 4 whistles. Put off the flame. Allow it to cool.
- Open the lid and carefully and lowly with the fork stir well the pulao.
- Transfer the Spicy and Sweet Corn Pulao into a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve the Hot Spicy and Sweet Corn Pulao with Simple Pepper Egg Scramble. The recipe for Simple Pepper Egg Scramble is as follows:
PEPPER EGG SCRAMBLED
Onions (chopped) 1
Pepper powder 2tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tsp
Procedure for preparing Pepper Egg Scrambled:
- In pan heat oil, add the chopped onions and fry on medium flame till the onions turn pinkish.
- Beat the eggs into the pan one after other. Add pepper powder and salt and stir well. Fry the eggs stirring continuously till it is done.
Hot and Spicy Pepper Egg Scramble is ready. Serve it immediately with plain rice, chapatti, corn pulao or bread.