Halwa is a sweet Indian dish. It is usually prepared with vegetables like carrot, fruits like banana, pineapple, lots of ghee, sugar and milk.
Today I am posting a simple and easy Mango Halwa recipe with very few ingredients which is very tasty.
Let’s surprise your kids with this delicious Mango Halwa –
Mango pieces (chopped) 2 cups
Sugar 1/2 cup
Ghee 2 tbsp
Almonds 6 -7
Procedure for preparaing Mango Halwa:
1. Grease a plate with 1 tsp ghee.
2. Peel the mangoes and chop into pieces.
3. Blend the mango pieces in the grinding jar without using water.
4. In a vessel or kadhai add the mango puree, sugar and the remaining ghee and cook on high to medium flame for 30 minutes. Keep stirring.
5. Cook till the mixture thickens and leaves the side of the vessel. It changes its color. Put off the flame.
6. Transfer the contents into the greased plate and spread it evenly.
7. Allow it to cool for 1 hour in room temperture. Then with a greased knife cut the halwa into desired shape (square or diamond).
8. Garnish with almonds (chop the almonds into 2 halves). Place one half on each halwa piece.
YUMMY MANGO HALWA IS READY.
1. Use can increase or decrease the sugar levels according to the sweetness of mangoes.